|Follow the Vanderburgh County MRC on:
The mission of the Vanderburgh County Medical Reserve Corps is to train and coordinate dedicated volunteers to support our community emergency agencies in a professional and timely fashion.
The Vanderburgh County MRC will be a premier response organization, trained and prepared to give effective and quality response medical services.
Vanderburgh County MRC Goals:
- Recruit and train a reliable, dedicated and knowledgeable volunteer force for disaster response.
- Provide incentives to volunteers to maintain membership.
- Respond to disasters –
- Assist in distribution of medicine and antidotes in case of a bioterrorism or nuclear
attack through Public Health Services.
- Assist hospitals and other acute care entities for surge demands during emergencies.
- Assist in large scale vaccination programs.
- Assist in staffing “shelters” during emergencies.
- Work with existing entities (Law Enforcement, Fire Dept., CERT, EMA)
- Assist in educating the Public regarding emergencies of all types.
- Work with the Vanderburgh County Health Department to carry out Public Health measures.
Training for the Vanderburgh County Medical Reserve Corps is held
the second Wednesday of each month at 6 PM in Southwestern Healthcare’s
Welborn Room next door to the Health Department.
CLICK FOR SCHEDULE
Click here for more MRC Volunteer Training Information
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY IN THIS CAPACITY.
Print out the VCHD Medical Reserve Corps Application Form, fill it in,
and mail it to: Vanderburgh County Health Department
Attn: Environmental Division - MRC
420 Mulberry Street
Evansville, Indiana 47713-1231
or fax it to: (812) 435-5871
For more information CLICK HERE, or contact our Emergency Preparedness Coordinator by e-mail or phone 435-5695.