Materials may be considered controversial by some viewers.
The Specialty Clinic provides confidential testing and treatment for gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis. We offer on-site medication dispensing, vaccinations, STD patient education and partner notification and treatment services. Follow-up appointments may be necessary to inform clients of their test results or administer treatments. All services are performed in a respectful, professional and confidential manner.
Clinic Location & Hours
The Specialty Clinic is located at:
Vanderburgh County Health Department
420 Mulberry St, Suite 103
Evansville, IN 47713
Map to the Health Department
| *We are located on the first floor, behind the elevators.*
Please call 812-435-5683 for an appointment.
Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm and 12:30pm-4:30pm
The first Tuesday of the month our hours are 10:00am-2:00pm and 2:30pm-6:30pm
The Clinic is closed on holidays observed by the Vanderburgh County Government.
Insurance, Fees & Requirements to be seen
- Clinic fees are due at the time of service
- Office Visit Fee: $20.00
- Medication Administration Fee: $10.00
- Fees are payable by cash, check, credit or debit card (Visa, Master Card and Discover)
- A convenience fee is charged for each debit/credit card transaction.
- Persons with Medicaid or private health insurance should go to their doctor first.
- Call 812-435-5683 as early as possible after the office opens to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments are made each morning for the next business day in the order they are received.
- Bring your photo ID to your appointment
STD Testing & Treatment
The Vanderburgh County Health Department tests and treats for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis. We do not perform Pap Smears, nor test or treat herpes or genital warts. Click on the links below to learn more about these and other sexually transmitted infections.
STD Partner Notification
Positive test results for HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis are reported by law to our health department by physicians, hospitals, laboratories and clinics. Our Disease Intervention Specialists follow-up on these reports with confidential partner notification services including: counseling, testing, and referral as needed to break the chain of infection.
Prevention of STDs and HIV
- Abstain from sex and injecting drugs to prevent HIV and STDs.
- Always use male or female condoms with sexual activity.
- Always use a new condom for each sexual act.
- Do not use natural membrane or sheepskin condoms.
- Limit your number of partners.
- Wait 1 week after you and your partner(s) have been treated for an STD before having sex.
- Do not share needles, syringes or injection drug equipment (cotton, cookers, rinse water etc.)
The VCHD Immunization Clinic administers the following vaccines to adults according to the ISDH Adult Vaccine Eligibility Program Guidelines:
- Hep A (hepatitis A)
- Hep B (hepatitis B)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
Due to an unpredictable vaccine supply, not all vaccines may be available at the time of your visit.
Other HIV/STD Testing Sites