VANDERBURGH COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH RESOLUTION
IN SUPPORT OF A SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT ORDINANCE
1. Environmental Protection Agency, Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment. EPA/630/ P-03/001F March 2005 Available online at http://oaspub.epa.gov/eims/eimscomm.getfile?p_download_id=439797
2. National Center For Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Tobacco Information and Prevention Source (TIPS) Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke and Cotinine Levels – Fact Sheet. January 2006. Available online at http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/research_data/environmental/factsheet_ets.htm
3. National Cancer Institute FactSheet: Secondhand Smoke: Questions and Answers. 2/22/2005 reviewed. Available at http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/ETS
4. Sargent, RP, Shepard, RM, Glantz, SA (2004) Reduced incidence of admissions for myocardial infarction associated with public smoking ban: before and after study. British Medical Journal 328:977-980.
5. Pueblo Heart Study Overview. November 2005. Available at http://www.bouldercounty.org/health/commhlth/pdf/PuebloStudyOverview.pdf
6. Repace, J. (2003). An Air Quality Survey of Respirable Particles and Particulate Carcinogens in Wilmington Delaware Hospitality Venues Before and After a Smoking Ban. Available online at http://www.tobaccoscam.ucsf.edu/pdf/RepaceDelaware.pdf.
5. ASHRAE: Position Document: Environmental Tobacco Smoke. June 30, 2005. Available online at http://www.ashrae.org/content/ASHRAE/ASHRAE/ArticleAltFormat/20058211239_347.pdf